Emergency and Military Tourniquet (EMT)
Item code: 30007
The Emergency and Military Tourniquet uses surgical pneumatic tourniquet modality, which is the gold standard for tourniquet use, in a device designed for use in field conditions. It has less potential to cause tissue damage because of its wide band and pneumatic pressure and is more easily tolerated by casualties (Less painful) than a strap style tourniquet.
- Approved by: The Canadian CCCWG (Combat Casualty Care Working Group);
- Single-handed Application: Volunteer tested for one handed application and inflate to occlusion pressure, (average time required was less than 30 seconds after a 5 minute training video);
- Fits Upper & Lower Limbs: The EMT can pass over a limb, or wrap around (if the distal end of the limb is inaccessible). It can be used on an arm or a leg, with a maximum circumference of 34" or a minimum circumference of 3";
- Lightweight & Compact: The EMT weighs only 220 grams or 7.8 oz. in total. It wraps up to a total packed size of only 5" x 2.75" x 2.5", making it ideal for medical workers on the move.
- Reliable Design Based On Hospital Tourniquets: Sturdy aluminum clamp is lightweight and durable; not easily damaged in the elements.
- Rapid Manual Inflation: The clamp pinches the bladder at exactly the circumference required, so inflation is only necessary for the used length of the bladder. The average tester required less than 30 seconds to apply and inflate.
- Optimized Bladder Width: A wider bladder width results in the need for lower pressure to fully occlude the limb. In this case, it is also far less painful and will cause less nerve damage.
- Packed Size: (5.0" x 2.75" x 2.5" / 13 cm x 7.0 cm x 6.4 cm);
- Bladder Width: (3.5" / 8.9 cm);
- Maximum Limb Circumference: (3" / 86 cm);
- Minimum Limb Circumference: (3" / 8 cm);
- Typical Occlusion Pressures: Similar to surgical tourniquets;
- Maximum Pressure: ~ 800 mmHg (depending on operator):
- Patents: U.S. Patent Nos. 5,649,954,4,770,175 and other US and foreign patents and patents pending;
- Weight: (7.8 oz. / 220 grams with machined aluminum clamp).
Videos / Extras:
- Video Profile: Delfi Medical - How To Use The Emergency & Military Tourniquet (Click Here).
- Extra: The US Air EMT Recommendation (Click Here).