Item code: 44008
Celox™ RAPID gauze stops severe arterial bleeding with only one minute of compression applied. This saves valuable time in an emergency as well as reducing blood loss. Independent in vivo testing showed 100% success in achieving hemostasis and reduced blood loss compared to other treatments. Celox™ RAPID forms an adhesive gel that seals the wound. The product has also been tested in a model of casualty evacuation, achieving 100% successful transport without re-bleeding. Celox™ RAPID is provided in a compact Z-folded format making it easy to use and carry.
Celox™ RAPID packs faster than other 12' competitive gauzes. RAPID has demonstrated faster packing in both in lab and field testing. On average, the time taken with Celox™ RAPID was half of the time with either of the other two products (Combat Gauze™ & ChitoGauze™).
Celox™ RAPID speeds up compression time. This is demonstrable based on in vivo results that are similar or better after one minute than results after 3 minutes compression for ChitoGauze™ or Quikclot™ Combat Gauze™ in previous studies. Based on independent study, Celox™ RAPID can eliminate the compression step entirely after packing.
REDUCED BLOOD LOSS:
Celox™ RAPID demonstrated decreased secondary blood loss in comparison to Combat Gauze™.
STABILITY IN EVACUATION:
Celox™ RAPID maintains its volume and adhesion to wet tissue during use, helping it to stay in place during patient transport and maintain hemostasis during transit. In comparative testing against ChitoGauze™ and Combat Gauze™, Celox™ RAPID demonstrated significantly stronger adhesion after treatment at time intervals of one minute, three minutes and twenty minutes. Because Celox™ RAPID sticks to wet tissue, its use results in performance benefits including hemostasis speed, reduced blood loss and safer transit of severely wounded patients.
CELOX™ RAPID IS SUITABLE FOR:
- Severe high pressure bleeding;
- Arterial and venous bleeding;
- Bullet, blast, knife and shrapnel wounds;
- Wound packing;
- Applying through strong blood flows;
- Application to all bleeding wounds.
- Independent in vivo testing showed 100% success in achieving hemostasis & reduced blood loss compared to other treatments;
- Stops severe arterial bleeding with only one minute of compression applied;
- The fastest acting hemostatic dressing;
- Generates no heat;
- Compact Z-folded format, making it easy to use and carry;
- Tested in a model of casualty evacuation, achieving 100% successful transport without re-bleeding;
- Tested to Extremes;
- Weights & Dimensions:
- Packaged: (H 5.25 in. x W 4.25 in. x D 0.5 in.);
- One Gauze Strip: (W 3 in. x 5 ft. / 7.6 cm x 1.5 m);
- Weight: (31.18 g / 1.1 oz.);
- Celox™ RAPID: How To Use / Simple Application Guide - (Click Here);
- Celox™ RAPID: Testing a new gauze hemostat with reduced treatment time: (Click Here);
Videos & Extras:
- Celox RAPID™ Haemostatic Z-Fold Gauze Product Video (Click Here);