QuikClot® Combat Gauze-Z Fold™
Item code: 44005
QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ Z-Fold is a soft, white, sterile, non-woven gauze impregnated with (KAOLIN), "an inert inorganic mineral that accelerates the body's natural clotting ability", and does not contain animal or human proteins or botanicals. QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ Z-Fold is an improvement on the original QuikClot® Combat Gauze. As a result from the US Military, Z-Medica improved the QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ product by making it z-folded, vacuum packed, and with an X-ray detectable strip. The QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ Z-Fold is even easier to apply since the gauze is in a z-fold format, which makes packing wounds easier and eliminates the risk of the roll falling or blowing away and getting contaminated. The vacuum packed feature of the QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ Z-Fold makes it much more compact, saving room on your body. Used in conjunction with direct pressure (in 3 - 5 minutes) to control and stop the most traumatic arterial and venous bleeding.
The X-ray detectable strip that is incorporated in the QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ Z-Fold ensures that the gauze will be found if the patient is taken to the operating room. Each QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ is individually packaged in a vacuum sealed military grade foil pouch and is indicated for the temporary external control of traumatic bleeding. Like all of QuikClot® gauze products, it is flexible and pliable and contours to all wounds. Recommended as the number one hemostatic agent by the CoTCCC (Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care), QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ Z-Fold is the only product carried by all branches of the US military to control life-threatening hemorrhage.
- Stops arterial and venous bleeding in seconds;
- Advanced hemostatic agent combined with the simplicity of gauze;
- Powerful, yet cool, so it won't burn;
- Used in conjunction with direct pressure;
- Latex free;
- Pliable to pack into even penetrating traumatic wounds;
- Flexible to cover any size or shape;
- No mixing. No measuring.
- No heat;
- Easy to use and remove once clotting occurs;
- X-ray detectable;
- Military shelf-life (Approximately 5 years);
Videos & Extras:
- Packaged: (H 5.75 in. x W 4.5 in. x D 0.65 in.);
- Gauze: (L 4 yd x 3 in. / L 12 ft x 3 in.);
- Weight: (23 g / 0.8 oz.);
- QuikClot® Product Video: Watch Hoe QuikClot® Kaolin Technology Accelerates the Clotting Process - (Click Here)