Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T®) - GEN 7, Black
Item code: 30001-02
(Out of Stock)
When work began
on the C-A-T® GEN 7, every element that defines a tourniquet designed
for combat use, was taken into consideration. The challenge was to find
the best, most forward looking way possible to enhance performance and
maximize application success. Leveraging input from after action
reviews, researchers, material scientist and the end-user, they were
able to create the most advanced C-A-T® to date. Every component of the
C-A-T® GEN 7 is optimized for performance and reliability.
C-A-T® GEN 7 has a single routing buckle system that (1) allows for
extremely fast application and effective slack removal (2) Simplified
training with single protocol directions for all applications.
patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100%
effective by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research.
C-A-T® GEN 7 REQUIREMENTS DRIVEN ENHANCEMENTS & ADVANTAGES:
1 - Single Routing Buckle:
2 - Windlass Rod:
application and effective slack removal resulting in decreased blood
loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion;
- Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications.
3 - Windlass Clip:
- Increased diameter for enhanced strength;
- Aggressive ribbing for improved grip.
4 - Windlass Strap:
- Bilateral beveled entry for rapid windlass lock;
- Bilateral buttress for added strength.
5 - Stabilization Bar:
- Sonic welded to clip for constant contact;
- Color changed to Gray for tactical considerations (Black C-A-T Only).
6 - Red Tip Technology®:
- Reinforced, beveled contact bar maintains the plate's integrity and decreases skin pinching.
7 - Free-moving Internal Band:
- Featuring NAR's Red Tip Technology® with a red elliptical tip;
- Added visual clues for application.
- Patented band within band;
- True evenly distributed circumferential pressure.
- Awarded as one of the "Top 10 Greatest Inventions" by the U.S. Army;
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army;
- Used by both conventional and Special Operations forces;
to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower
extremities by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research;
- Latex Free;
- Meets and complies with CE standards;
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) All material, manufactured and labor are U.S. Content;
- National Tactical Officers Association; Member Tested and Recommended designation;
- True, one-handed application tourniquet;
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding;
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care;
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions;
- Cost effective;
- Standard Issue to U.S. ARMY, NAVY, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard;
- Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
- Packaged Dimensions: (L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.);
- Open Length Dimensions: (37.5 in.);
- Weight: (82.21 g / 2.9 oz.).
- C-A-T® GEN 7: Product Information Sheet / (Click Here);
- C-A-T® GEN 7: Product Instructions Sheet / (Click Here)
- Article: Saving Life & Limb / (Click Here)
Videos / Extras:
- Video Profile: C-A-T® GEN 7 Instructional Video - One Handed Application (Click On 1st Play Button To View)
- Video Profile: C-A-T® GEN 7 Instructional Video - Two Handed Application (Click On 2nd Play Button To View)