The TRACE™ Systems All Mountain Course is a comprehensive program that covers all mountainous environment applications, exclusively using TRACE™ Systems. The course includes the content of TRACE™ Systems TAC-C™ Basic and Alpine with elements of Professional Rescue. TAC-C™ Advanced and full Professional Rescue can be incorporated with additional training days.
Course topics include (5 days):
- Review of basic skills (rappelling and ascending, lowering and hauling);
- Two person load rappels and pick-offs;
- Professional one and two rope system casualty lowering and raising (one and two person loads);
- Guiding lines;
- Fixed lines;
- Short roping;
- Multi-pitch lead climbing and self-rescue;
- Glacier travel; and
- Crevasse rescue.
Prerequisites for this course are a proficient level of skill in anchoring, lead climbing, traditional rope rescue, glacier travel and crevasse rescue and completion of the Basic TRACE™ Systems Online Course with a clear understanding of the concepts.
Courses can be custom tailored to agency specific requirements.
Courses can be run at any of the following locations
- CTOMS™' training locations in the Canadian Rocky Mountains (airport YYC);
- As a part of our Complex-terrain and High Altitude Operations Seminar (CHAOS™) in the Rwenzori Range in western Uganda; or
- At clients requested locations that meet required criteria, anywhere in the world.