Massive external bleeding is a preventable cause of rapid death. This course is a comprehensive series of videos in emergency first line hemorrhage control. This course is designed for everyone, not just medical care providers. In an easy to understand delivery, this course dives deep into understanding massive hemorrhage and how to effectively control it, with and without modern hemorrhage control tools.
The course includes an overview of circulatory anatomy and physiology, direct and indirect pressure, wound packing, hemostatic dressings, and a comprehensive section on limb tourniquets.
Highly Recommended (critical to understanding content):
- MET-C0002 Legal Aspects of Tactical Medicine
- MET-C1009 Understanding Trauma
- One of the following:
- MET-C0011 TTC Basic Provider Casualty Approach
- MET-C0012 TTC Advanced Provider Casualty Approach
- MET-C0013 FTC Basic Provider Casualty Approach
- MET-0014 FTC Basic Advanced Provider Casualty Approach
Recommended (may clarify content):
- MET-C0005 Critical Thinking
- MET-C0006 Human Performance in Combat Casualty Care
Emergency Bleeding Control