- Techinical Spec
THE MOST ADVANCED MODULAR COMBINATION UNIT RESPIRATOR (CUR)
The Avon CS-PAPR™ is the newest generation of CBRN Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) designed for use in Combination Unit Respirators.
The capability to change levels of protection dependent on the threat, now provides the wearer with increased duration on target and safer operation.
Utilizing the Avon MP-PAPR module along with the patented combination hose module, the wearer can seamlessly switch between APR, PAPR and SCBA modes of protection. The single air hose connection for all modes allows the wearer to retain a clear mask cheeks for optimum weapon sighting.
The low profile shape of the Avon CS-PAPR delivers best in class integration with SCBA systems, benefiting the wearer with reduced weight and size compared to traditional systems.
Modular Methodology allows the user to either add the Avon CS-PAPR to existing fielded systems such as the FM53/4 APR and ST53 SCBA, use as a regular PAPR (Avon MP-PAPR) or revert back to the Avon EZAir configuration.
- Intelligent Integration :
- Optional carrier module allows wearer to rapidly remove SCBA portion
- Crush resistant ‘S-Shape’ hose with low profile hose end
- Auto Filter Covers (Optional)
- Quick fit onto existing Avon MP-PAPR filter mount
- Pneumatically operated by the combination hose
- Easy to view indicator for status updates
- Integrated rubber impact bumper
- Operational Flexibility
- Re-configurable to work as Avon EZAir or MP-PAPR
- Short duration escape cylinders integrate with CS-PAPR
- Patented Combination Hose
- Press and turn rotary selector prevents accidental actuation
- PAPR automatically powered up/down when selector rotated
- Ability for user to switch modes in one simple action
- ‘Fail-Safe’ pneumatic operation of hose
- Type-examination approval: PPE Regulation 2016/425/EU - Module B: Certificate CE 684849
- CS-PAPR certified when attached to ST53 SCBA with PAPR SCBA Harness
- NIOSH CBRN PAPR Statement of Standard and Title 42CFR 84
- TC-14G-0348 with FM54
- TC-14G-0349 with FM53
- Not NIOSH approved with SCBA. As MP-PAPR with Combination Hose, no SCBA attachment NIOSH conforming variant includes approved PAPR Back Harness
Unit Size 420mm L (16.5") x 115mm H (4.5") x 140mm W (5.5") Unit Weight (No battery or filter) 1.75 kg (3.8 lbs) Unit Weight (No Filter (6xCR123) 1.97 kg (4.3 lbs) Flow Rate 120 lpm controlled flow Operational Noise @ 120 lpm 60 dBa Run time CR123, Li-Ion battery 4+ hours (filter clogged) 10 yr Li-Ion Recharable battery 8+ hours (filter clogged) Operational Temperature -30°C to 45°C (-22°F to 113°F) Protection Factor PAPR mode 10,000 (PAPR On), 2,000 (PAPR Off) Protection Factor SCBA Mode 100,000 Alarms Low Battery (can be silenced), restricted flow, high resistance Construction CBRN Hardened Butyl and Noryl Operation Integrated Rotary Selector. Wearer can select either APR, PAPR and SCBA modes by pushing in and rotating selector Interface with APR Crush Proof hose with close fit 40mm (STANAG) APR connection, one size fits all EMI Shielded MIL-HDBK-235