Celox™ RAPID Ribbon brings all the benefits of Celox™ RAPID Gauze, but in a 1" strip. The low profile pack means Celox™ RAPID Ribbon is easily concealed and the reduced size makes it ideal for treating narrow entry wounds such as bullet, blast fragment and stab injuries.
- Works with just 60 seconds compression.
- Stops severe bleeding – fast.
- Rapid action reduces blood loss.
- Stops hypothermic bleeding4 as found in severe traumatic injuries.
- Minimal everyday carry size.
Celox™ RAPID 5' Z-Fold packs faster than other 12' competitive gauzes. RAPID has demonstrated faster packing in both in lab and field testing. On average, the time taken with Celox™ RAPID was half of the time with either of the other two products (Combat Gauze™ & ChitoGauze™).
Celox™ RAPID speeds up compression time. This is demonstrable based on in vivo results that are similar or better after one minute than results after 3 minutes compression for ChitoGauze™ or Quikclot™ Combat Gauze™ in previous studies. Based on independent study, Celox™ RAPID can eliminate the compression step entirely after packing.
REDUCED BLOOD LOSS:
Celox™ Rapid demonstrated decreased secondary blood loss in comparison to Combat Gauze™.
STABILITY IN EVACUATION:
Celox™ RAPID maintains its volume and adhesion to wet tissue during use, helping it to stay in place during patient transport and maintain hemostasis during transit. In comparative testing against ChitoGauze™ and Combat Gauze™, Celox™ RAPID demonstrated significantly stronger adhesion after treatment at time intervals of one minute, three minutes and twenty minutes. Because Celox™ RAPID sticks to wet tissue, its use results in performance benefits including hemostasis speed, reduced blood loss and safer transit of severely wounded patients.
CELOX™ RAPID IS SUITABLE FOR:
- Sever high pressure bleeding
- Arterial and venous bleeding
- Bullet, blast, knife and shrapnel wounds
- Wound packing
- Applying through strong blood flows
- Application to all bleeding wounds
- Independent in vivo testing showed 100% success in achieving hemostasis & reduced blood loss compared to other treatments
- Stops sever arterial bleeding with only one minute of compression applied
- The fastest acting hemostatic dressing
- Generates no heat
- Compact 1" Z-folded format, making it easy to use, conceal and carry
- Tested in a model of casualty evacuation, achieving 100% successful transport without re-bleeding
- Tested to Extremes
- Weights & Dimensions:
- Packaged: (H 3.5 in. x 5.25 in. x D 0.5 in.)
- One Gauze Strip: (W 1 in. x 5 ft. / 2.5 cm x 1.5 m)
- Weight: (19.8 g / 0.7 oz.)