"A highly evolved and resilient creature"
After observing how sport climbers were modifying their belay biners with rubber bungs to prevent cross-loading with certain belay devices, DMM came up with a cleaner, simple, solution. The horn prevents assisted locking belay devices rotating off the top bar and on to the spine reducing the risk of cross loading, it also works well with selected pulleys.
The Rhino is not restricted to assisted locking belay devices: it works brilliantly with standard devices. The full cross section of the top bar means greater wear resistance, and smooth operation in guide mode usage. The horn makes identification by feel on the rear gear loop easier, and the clean nose design provides sang-free loading and unloading of ropes. The big burly top bar is contrasted by DMM own signature I-Beam construction on the non-rope bearing surfaces resulting in a total weight of 72g.
The Screwgate gives maximum security when locked and makes clipping on-handed as easy as with a non-locking connector. Ideal for Rope Access general use, anchors and tension lines.
- Approved to EN 362:2004/B and EN 12275:2013
- Durable Belay Biner
- Prevents cross-loading with certain assisted locking belay devices
- Full cross-section top bar for greater wear resistance and smooth belaying
- Horn feature reduces the risk of cross loading
- Wide, full radius basket provides a rope and device friendly operation
- I-Beam construction for high strength and low weight
- Keylock clean nose for snag free connection
- Anodised to BS EN 7599:2010 AA10 Sealed for corrosion protection
- Uniquely marked for traceability
- Weights & Dimensions:
- Gate Opening: 20mm / 0.78")
- Weight: (72g / 2.53oz.)
- Gate Closed - 27 kN
- Gate Open - 7 kN
- Minor Axis - 9 kN