The TTC/FTC Level 1 – Basic Care is the first steppingstone in a series of courses that are the “meat” of the trauma care sandwich. This course is the entry level, basic course that teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and decision-making ability required to provide effective trauma care, and build further advanced level training upon.
While the scope of practice taught is a basic level, the depth of information covered will benefit both non-medical and medical professionals alike.
This course is applicable to both tactical and non-tactical care environments.
Highly Recommended (critical to understanding content):
- MET-C0002 Legal Aspects of Tactical Medicine
- MET-C1009 Understanding Trauma
- One of the following:
- MET-C0011 TTC Basic Provider Casualty Approach
- MET-C0012 TTC Advanced Provider Casualty Approach
- MET-C0013 FTC Basic Provider Casualty Approach
- MET-0014 FTC Basic Advanced Provider Casualty Approach
- MET-C0015 Emergency Bleeding ControL
Recommended (may clarify content):
- MET-C0005 Critical Thinking
- MET-C0006 Human Performance in Combat Casualty Care
TTC/FTC Level 1- Basic Care